Once a year, we recommend a professional cleaning. In case you want to get your jewelry cleaned, we offer free-of-charge supersonic cleaning for you! Feel free to visit us anytime in one of our TAMARA COMOLLI Boutiques for this service.
In case your jewelry needs a new polish or a repair, our Boutique Teams or Customer Service are happy to assist you.
Below you can find a quick "How-to" for a basic cleaning at home:
Please be aware this treatment is not suitable for jewelry, which contains leather, wood or is strung on an elastic band.
1. Before you start: Make sure that no gemstone has loosened.
2. Put a few drops of liquid dish detergent in a bowl of warm (not hot) water. Place it on a towel and mix gently.
3. Gently scrub the jewelry (one by one) with a soft bristle toothbrush. Scrub each part of your piece of jewelry individually.
4. Rinse your jewelry thoroughly in warm running water. Rinsing will help remove lingering dirt. If you're rinsing your jewelry in a sink, plug or cover the drain so that you don't accidentally lose your jewelry, if it slips out of your hands. Alternatively, rinse your jewelry in a second bowl.
5. Rub dry with a soft cloth. Then, let the jewelry air-dry completely before wearing.
6. Use a professional polishing cloth to make your jewelry shiny again.
Do not use toothpaste to clean metals or gemstones as some sources recommend using toothpaste to clean fine jewelry. Our goldsmiths and many other fine jewelers do not recommend this treatment. Toothpaste can damage the surface of the metal and other soft gemstones, and the resulting damage can prove costly to repair.
For further assistance please visit our Boutiques or contact our Customer Service!