Use a gentle detergent-based formula to clean your jewellery:
This cleaning solution will make your gold, silver, and precious stones to sparkle with new brilliance.
Use a professional polishing cloth: Polishing silver and gold with professional polishing cloths will bring the best results. Other types of tissues could possibly scratch the product.
1. Before you start: Make sure that no gemstone has loosened or could get lost while cleaning.
2. Put a few drops of liquid dish detergent in a bowl of warm (not hot) water. Place it on a towel and mix gently.
3. Gently scrub the jewellery (one by one) with a soft-bristle toothbrush. Scrub each part of your piece of jewelelry individually, paying special attention to nooks and crannies where dirt may be hidden.
4. Rinse your jewellery thoroughly in warm running water. A good rinsing will help remove lingering dirt that's been loosened by the action of your brush. If you're rinsing your jewellery in a sink, plug or cover the drain so that you don't accidentally lose your jewellery if it slips out of your hands. Alternatively, rinse your jewellery in second bowl.
5. Blot dry with a soft cloth. Then, let the jewellery sit out on a towel to air dry completely before wearing it again.
6. Use a professional polishing cloth to make your jewellery shiny again.
Don’t use toothpaste to clean metals or gemstones: Some sources recommend using toothpaste to clean fine jewelry, but our goldsmiths (and many other fine jewelers) do not recommend this treatment. Toothpaste can damage the surface of the metal and other soft gemstones, and the resulting damage can prove costly to repair.
Once a year, we recommend a professional cleaning, which we offer as a complimentary service in our Boutiques.